Transitional Clothing Period... Ergh



It that time of year where the weather can't make up its mind, and it's really bloody annoying. I'm sure you're thinking 'How am I meant to know what to wear? Its freezing in the morning and by the time its lunch I'm in a jumper, feeling majorly sweaty and there's nothing I can do about it!' Well don't you worry my babes because I have a few tips for transitional dressing!



Layering truly will be your bff. Theres nothing nicer than feeling too hot and then being able to take off an item of clothing. This season, blazers are alllll the rage so that it definitely something I want to bring into my wardrobe but, if you're like me and are yet to own a blazer, then chunky cardigans are your next best thing. The best way to wear this, I feel, is with some straight legged jeans and a white top of some sort OR alternatively, with black leggings and a casual top. 

Whilst tights are always a safe bet (and I will 100% be wearing them at some point); they keep your legs warm and they can be taken off if need be, they aren't exactly a look. A better option, for me , would be some thigh high boots, I normally would opt for black ones but grey ones are equally as lovely. Thigh highs are just amazing because they can make an outfit look more glamorous. Yes, if you're wearing a dress you will have to suffer with a tiny section of your thigh being cold however, for a more stylish look it's worth it.

I also really enjoy wearing smart trousers and a t-shirt with a big coat over the top. I think this is such a good way to make an outfit acceptable for transitional weather as you're ready for everything.



Finally, jumpsuits! Jumpsuits are amazing because they keep your legs warm whilst having your arms out so you aren't tooooo hot or you can wear them with a tshirt/ long sleeved top underneath! Wearing a jumpsuit with a cardigan or a jumper over the top is also such a good way to dress when the weather is confusing. You can also wear jumpsuits with boots or sandals so depending on how the weather is you can make it more summery or wintery, this also works with midi skirts, which I also love!


Below I have linked some items of clothing that I would love in my transitional wardrobe







No comments

Popular Posts