Happy Not Perfect | The App That Helps My Mental Health





For years I have been someone that struggled with anxiety and for years I have really struggled to keep it under control. I have tried many things, most of which failed. Then the other day I watched Jim Chapman's 'My Mental Health' video (Personally I think this is a good video to show your boyfriend/ friends to help them kind've understand), this lead me to binge watching his channel like I used to when I was like fourteen. Anyways, in one of his videos he spoke about his friend Poppy who created an app for people with anxiety, depression etc; this app is called Happy Not Perfect.

The best feature on this app is the daily refresh which literally takes under five minutes where you basically select which mood your in, it the gives you an exercise to do, then you write down what has been bugging you lately and 'burn it away', then you write down what youre grateful for (you log this so you can go back and look at all the things you're grateful for), then you can send a message to someone important or just accept a daily challenge that the app gives you! I found that this is an amazing exercise because for those of us that find it hard to talk about how we actually feel we can still get it out of our system.






There also is a meditate section, where you can do different meditation exercises to help calm you down, even if its only for a few minutes.




This post isn't sponsored in any way, I just really wanted to get people talking about this app.

2 comments

  1. Honestly this app sounds like a dream. I definitely need to download it! I love the idea of 'burning away' what's been bothering you. Thank you for writing about this!

    Julia | https://stylewithblondeambition.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts