Bondi Sands Aero Aerated Self Tanning Foam | Review


Bondi Sands has recently released a new tanning foam called 'Aero Aerated Self Tanning Foam'. Fake tan is not something that I regularly do, or did anyways so when I FINALLY ran out of my old Bondi Sands dark tanning foam, I decided it was time to try a new one. I went into Superdrug and saw that this new tan was only £12 on offer, compared to around £18. 

So pre tan, I showered, shaved and moisturised and then waited for the moisturiser to soak in before I started tanning. It is important that you make sure your moisturiser is completely soaked in so that the tan does not go patchy on your skin.

The tan is simple enough, its literally a really light weight foam. I did find however that you need to be quite quick with putting it on your skin as I noticed it sinking into my tanning mitt at a fast pace. Other than that, I put on two layers of tan and let it sink in over night. When I woke up I was really quite dark, I would say about 4 or 5 shades darker than I normally am, my face especially. Then, when I showered it off, only a small amount came off but I was practically the same colour as when I had woke up. (The pictures below are taken in different areas of my house however they were both taken in front of open windows with natural light so there shouldn't be any reason for the lighting to effect the look of the tan).
Picture of me without fake tan

Picture of me with Bondi Sands Aero Aerated Tan


One thing I would say, which relates to my previous post [HERE]. The tan does have an ingredient which promotes malessezia in it (Polysorbate 20)I have noticed a few of the bumps that I had before, have returned due to this product. For this reason, I will continue to use the St. Tropez Tinted Gradual Tan Lotion on my face when I'm tanning; I've found it to be a good match to the rest of my body when I used the Bondi Sands tan. 

So far I have had the tan on for four days and I haven't noticed any signs of it coming off at all, apart from on my face, which is expected due to cleansing of my face. I still look tanned, my skin isn't dry or flakey. 

Overall, I am really impressed with this tan. It's easy to put on, its a lovely colour and it's long wearing! The only negative thing I really have to say is that it does promote malessezia however, that doesn't affect everyone so it isn't a major downfall for the product. I would spend the full £18 on this product, and I will be doing that once I've run out of the bottle I have now!

Let me know what you think of this tan and also what your favourite tan is?!

No comments

Popular Posts