Testing Out Some Of Charlotte Tilbury's 'Hollywood' Range

Any of you makeup fans will know or have seen that Charlotte Tilbury have brought out liquid lipsticks and highlight/contour wands. I have bought a liquid lipstick and the highlighter wand to try out, I am going to leave the contour wand until my tan from my trip to Turkey has faded as there are two shades to choose from. When getting the products I was able to select a few samples to come with the delivery, I chose the clay mask, a mascara and a perfume sample however today I will be talking about the clay mask as Charlotte Tilbury's skin care is SO expensive so I really wanted to see if it's worth the price (the answer is yes). Also side note, ignore how awful my make up is in the pictures, I was in a  rush and didn't put any foundation on so its not great hahaha.




This is a beautiful liquid highlight, it is a rose gold-ish shade and looks so natural on the skin. To use, I dab the applicator on my cheekbones, cupids bow and the tip of my nose and then I use my finger to blend it out to a natural finish, you can apply more to create a more blinding look however, I personally like a more natural glowy look. The packaging is a beautiful reflective copper colour and makes the product look expensive - £29 is a reasonable price for this highlighter as you get a lot of product and it is an excellent formula. 



The formula for these are VERY similar to the NYX lingerie liquid lipsticks, creamy but drying. The shade I purchased was 'Best Actress' which is a peachy nude shade and I feel works well with my skin tone which is kind've pale but a with a slight tan. These liquid lipsticks do last all day so for that reason I don't mind that they are drying, and as they are a matte finish it is something you come to expect. £24 is a typical price for Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, and for a higher end drug store brand (it is a thing) I don't feel that it is that extortionate however, as they are basically the same as NYX lipsticks it is a little bit annoying. 

*Disclaimer - no make up selfie coming up sorry lol* As I previously mentioned I really do feel that Charlotte Tilbury skin care can be really expensive so as I was able to get a sample of one of her skin care products I was not going to turn that down. I chose the clay mask as I feel that clay masks are the only ones that do not bring me out in a stupid amount of spots. It comes out a lovely really pale pink colour and smells like flowers which is always nice considering you're smothering it on your face, it isn't really thick and feels nice on the skin; it didn't irritate my skin at all, which is a common problem for me. To use you have to start on the centre of your face and work it towards the outside, leave on for ten minutes and then rinse off with warm water and a flannel. The end result for me was perfect, it gave me baby skin, which is what it claims to do, it did bring out a couple of spots but, they are all gone now just two days later which is great and it also made my skin look brighter and feel fresher. This is a product that I would purchase, I believe that for me, this product is worth £38.






No comments

Popular Posts