Growing Up And Wishes To The Universe


Honestly, gone are the days of wearing a High School Musical hoodie and listening to it on your iPod touch, waiting for the latest episode of Hannah Montana to come on. Instead I'm reading journal articles on gender representation within television (hello dissertation), accidentally over pouring a beer and it spilling all over me (hello work) or looking for full time jobs that I'm never going to get (hello adult life).



Yesterday was my first day back at University since we broke up for Christmas, meaning that my final semester has begun. Whilst I am BUZZIN that it is almost over, I'm literally pooping my pants at the thought of having to go out into the world and fend for myself (kind've).

Looking for a job is hard work and confidence knocking; you're more likely to get a NO than a YES, and everyone knows that but even when you get the NO you still feel like it's never going to happen. It will.. eventually.

I have my whole life set out in my head of what I want by what age and I have always been so adamant on getting them goals, I still am but, I'm trying to be more realistic this year (probably going to fail). The realisation that I'm probably not going to reach these goals is sinking in and it is frustrating but you know, life goes on. This year I'm going to do that thing that Louise Pentland talks about where she says to the universe multiple times something that she wants in hope that it listens and it happens (if you watch her youtube channel, you'll know what I'm talking about). To be fair, according to her weekly vlogs, it works. So, fingers crossed it does for me too.


Coat - Zara
Jumper - Primark
Skirt - Asos
Headband - New Look

There are loads of things that I'd like to happen to me this year, not quite New Years Resolutions, more like New Year Goals. For example...
  • Graduate from Uni
  • Get a job
  • My blog grows
  • Travelling
  • Improvement in self confidence
What are some of your wishes to The Universe?

No comments

Popular Posts