October Haul






This week I've done a bit of shopping to get me into the autumn/winter mood. I've mainly been to Bluewater due to it being so close to where I live.

Firstly, lets talk about Boots. As you may know, Boots now sell NYX beauty products. I do have quite a few NYX products, lip butters mainly however I decided to try the NYX Wonder stick, which is essentially a contour stick that has a contour cream on one end and a highlight cream on the other. This product is a really convenient item that you can carry in your bag if you're staying somewhere overnight and you want to use as little space as possible. I typically us the Make-up Revolution Contour palette, powder version due to this being so inexpensive and of a good quality yet, I feel that this product could give it a run for its money - I haven't tried it out yet but from testing it in the shop I can tell this product has potential. (UPDATE 6/12/2016 -this product gives you a muddy look and is not easy to blend. Would not recommend)

Also in Boots I came across a brand that is new to me, Makeup Obsession. They have a 'make your own' palette where you basically chose a palette; Gold, Silver or Rose Gold and then you can buy the eyeshadows individually. By looking at the shadows I thought they would be of a poor quality however, once I swatched them I found that they had a great pigmentation and Makeup Obsession has a wide selection of shades therefore, this is a brand I highly recommend. I chose the shades 'Rare,' which is a copper colour, 'Gold,' which is obviously gold and 'Treasure' which is a black shimmer shade.

Next, Tanya Burr Cosmetics has recently released their 2016 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar; after watching her video where she talks about her christmas releases I decided that this is a calendar that I'd like to purchase, as it is 12 days only, it is a lot less expensive than the other beauty calendars out there so it is perfect for someone on a budget. I have actually looked inside the calendar and majority of the products are gorgeous and of course of a high quality, there is only one product that I know I won't use so overall, a worthwhile buy. 

Lush is a shop that I never really go in due to the thought of baths typically repulsing me (sitting in your own dirt isn't appealing to me) however, I have decided to force myself to like them. As it is October, the month of Halloween I bought the Sparkly Pumpkin bubble bar - this bar smells of grapefruit, lemon and juniperberry and when in the bath it turns the water orange and glittery, almost reminding me of Cinderella. The other product I bought was the Magic Wand bubble bar- to me this smells a lot like the snow fairy range, so if you aren't a bubblegum lover then I would suggest to use this bar quickly or not buy it at all. It changes your bath water to a lovely pink colour, which is very beautiful!





No comments

Popular Posts